Friday, November 9, 2012

...Pom-Pommed?

        This weekend is going to be a pretty intense one. Things are coming together really quickly for our Christmas touring show. We head out on the road Monday morning and we have yet to rehearse in our costumes (which are going to be fairly large and hot) and figure out exactly how the music is going to work (since we have to press play inconspicuously in the middle of scenes on stage). I've really had a lot of fun getting to play so much in rehearsal, but I know the next two days are going to be long and stressful. Particularly because I have the strike of Bunnicula to look forward to after our final dress rehearsal Sunday! Eek! 



  • From the countdown app I recently downloaded. Can't wait to see my girl!
  • Pom Poms I made in the costume shop that are gonna be on my awesome costume!
  • Best. Thrifted. Sweater. Ever.
  • Sneak peek of Aleigha and I in 'Twas The Night Before Christmas.



 Currently:

 Anticipating...  1. Actually getting on the road and performing! I know it will be a lot of hard work, early morning calls, carrying heavy set pieces in and out of buildings and onto the truck, lots of time on the road... but I think I'm ready for a new experience. Also ready to see a little bit more of this state that I know so little about. I've been told not to expect much but I'm still anxious to see what's out there.

2. I can't WAIT to go home for Christmas. It will be the shortest ten days ever but I can't wait to see my puppies, family, and friends. Nothing is going to spoil those days for me. I EARNED THEM. 

Reading... I'm currently reading Michael Shurtleff's book Audition. I had never read it and so far it's pretty intelligent but hasn't said anything I haven't already heard before. But it's a really good idea to brush up on the basics and get yourself into the mindset of "Hey, I'm devoting this time to working on my craft as opposed to stalking boys on Facebook and looking at cute pictures of dogs." Yeah. It happens. But I'm getting better about it. Wanna kick some butt at UPTA!

 Relieved About... I'm relieved that I've been losing some weight. I'm not at my ideal weight yet, but I've been eating less and drinking less and I feel a little better when I look in the mirror. Two months ago I felt absolutely disgusted. I don't know what tour has in store but I want to try and incorporate more exercise into my schedule. Plus, this show has me doing a lot of cardio in a big fat suit, which is awesome. Also pretty relieved that I've met a few more awesome people here and have gotten to spend some time with them. :)

Watching... I've been watching a lot of random stuff on Netflix. I recently finished two series: Louie and Freaks and Geeks that I LOVED and am looking for something to get just as hooked on. So far I haven't found anything mind blowing. I watched Zack Galifanakis' stand up and that was pretty wonderful. But I'd like to get sucked into a series again soon! Working on... Exercising more, Research and Prep for UPTAS, Planning inexpensive but thoughtful Christmas presents for my family and maybe MAYBE keeping this apartment clean. Maybe.

 Craving... Sushi is a given at any moment in my life. But I'm kind of craving a new beanie and cardigan. I live in those and boots all winter and I feel most like myself when I'm rockin them. And some kick ass shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment