Sunday, November 18, 2012

Child's Play

       So I've had about a week of touring under my belt and boy am I earning my money for this show! It is a lot of work but the kids seem to really enjoy it. Friday was a pretty intense day. I woke up around 4 am to get to the van by 4:45. Kiiiind of disgusting. There should never be a call time for actors before any Starbucks are open. It's just cruel. Anyway, we drove almost 3 hours to an elementary school. We unloaded the truck and did two shows back to back. These kids were the best audience we've had yet! When Santa came down the chimney, you would have thought Justin Bieber had just entered the room. They lost their minds! Poor Jeremy could hardly get through his lines these kids were screaming so hard. "It's SANTA!!! AAAAH SANTA!!!" The early wakeup time was worth it right at that moment. Afterwards we broke down the set and got some much needed lunch at a local barbeque joint. We decided then to drive to our next stop (the library in town) and park the van and attempt to nap for a few hours. I don't think I actually fell asleep for very long, but we all made valiant efforts, as captured below by Aleigha.



       The last show of the day at the library was interesting. It was pretty strange setting up a loud kids show with music in the middle of a quiet library. Plus, the audience consisted of about 15 people, 5 of which were children. Awkward. But those five kids were so involved it was definitely worth it. When we started doing the rap, (Yes, I rap in this show. It's BEYOND white and ridiculous. And about sugarplums...) this one little girl's eyes lit up so bright it was absolutely heartbreaking. Little moments like that keep you going during one of the hardest days I have had as an actor. By the time we finished the show at the library all of us were really feeling it. Physically exhausted I felt like vomiting several times and my vision got blurry and went to black a few times. Poor Aleigha had no voice by the end of the show and Jeremy was pretty beat too. We got some victory cheese dip at a mexcian restaurant, drove home, and I ended up going to the bar afterwards to see my friend's band play.
#longestdayever #iamachamp

On another note, I am excited to spend Thanksgiving with my arts center family. I will definitely miss my grandmother's stuffing (I have encountered no stuffing better in my 23 years of life), but I think it will be a lot of fun.

Here are some other snapshots from this week:


Life on the road.







Gettin cozy in the back seat. I keep adding things to this set up: several sweatshirts and jackets, pillows, and a fuzzy blanket. It's becoming a home.


This is what 4:45 am looks like. The things I do for theater...

New favorite place in Little Rock.

So much to look at. So pretty.


R. I. O. T. S. rawking out.


One of the happiest sights ever. The food at WWT is scrumptulescent.




No comments:

Post a Comment