Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Worth It

      Yesterday the crew and I traveled to Batesville, AR to do two performances. We were on the campus of The University Of Arkansas Community College at Batesville and performed in their theater, which was perfect because the audience for our first show was 770 kids! It was absolutely exhilarating to shake my giant butt and make so many of them laugh!! I thought that was going to be the best part of the day, but at the evening's public performance we had our first opportunity to really talk on one on with the audience and answer any questions they had. The kids were so sweet telling me, "You're funny!" and "I like your leggings!" But a few Arkansans also came up to me and asked how I got started doing theater. They wanted to know how to get involved and start doing that kind of thing themselves. That really made me feel accomplished. I remember being that kind of inquisitive young person, and how desperately I wanted to perform. I thought about how hard I have worked to get to this place where I am able to inspire someone else who maybe hasn't been as exposed to theater as I was growing up. It really just put things into perspective and reminded me how blessed I am to be working and how what I do matters even the tiniest bit.

We get so sweaty during this show. But we always smile afterwards.



So many of these kids hugged my big fat belly. PRECIOUS.


P.S. I will be home in 24 days! SO excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment