Monday, October 21, 2013

L-O-V-E That Spells Love!

   Sorry it has been so long since my last update. I'm currently sitting in the house at Cider Mill Playhouse in Endicott, NY before rehearsal for The Marvelous Wonderettes. Let me tell you this show is a MOTHER to rehearse. I'm having the time of my life but working my little chipmunk tail off trying to remember all of my inner harmonies and dance steps!! The character I'm playing (Suzy) is super fun and I've instantly formed a bond with my cast mates. Good thing, since there are only 4 people in the cast! I've also had lots of new experiences, like having to chew gum on stage and blow bubbles successfully, which I haven't been able to do in my first 24 years of life. It has been weird to chew gum during rehearsal (it feels so wrong) and I won't lie... I'm still not great at it. I've bitten my lip several times to the point of bleeding because, well, I am truly special. Or as my director would say, "cuz you're dumb." The director and cast have such a great relationship even thought we have so much work to do it feels like a safe and crazy fun environment all the time. And the people who run this theater are absolute SWEETHEARTS and work SO HARD. I know how lucky I am to have that. Counting my stars this month fo sho.

I haven't had very much access to the Internet in these past few weeks, which is at times annoying but may be a blessing in disguise. I've had to actually talk to and get to know my roommates with my downtime. Amazing, right? I'm so excited to be doing a musical comedy again. That's where my roots are and where I feel the most "in it" if that makes any sense. I've learned so much already and as we go into our final 10 days of rehearsal I know I will learn so much more. This has been a joy already and I don't mind being poor to do it. Plus, poor is a great diet! Anyway, today is about prepping my brain and my body for blocking act II and finalizing choices to be able to start running the show successfully. YAY! GOOOO CHIPMUNKS!




Our orangey home away from home for these two months.

We're on da sign!

This is what we look like walking to a Saturday am rehearsal. Love these girlies.

This theater looks like a barn from the outside and is connected to a cider mill. ALL THE FALLNESS. LOVE IT.

So...this happened.

One of the only times I get a hot second to sit down during this mutha of a show.

There are purple trees here, y'all.

I like turtles...
The theme to this rehearsal process.

No comments:

Post a Comment