Friday, September 6, 2013

Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.

I've been here in Abilene for 5 days now and I'm having an awesome experience already. The women in the cast are RIDICULOUSly amazing and I am so lucky to be sharing the stage with them. Everyone on the creative team is as nice and supportive and talented as I thought they'd be! It sure is a whirlwind to rehearse and mount a show in ten days but every day I feel like I personally am making big strides in getting to where I want to be for the performances. So, good stuff is happening. Yay! I am really enjoying the rehearsal process (even if I'm EXHAUSTED at the end of the day) but I am also excited for when we open and we have free time during the day to explore the city. There seem to be a lot of cool little shops and antique stores around here. I also have some auditions to prep for and a Shakespeare monologue to memorize for one but I can't put the cart before the horse. We open a week from tonight!!

The castle! a.k.a. Great Plains!

This guy was making really good time on his laps. I was impressed.




Statue scared the crap out of me when I walked by. I'm assuming this is Ike Eisenhower.

Downtime at our first rehearsal.

Surprise cake for Jimilee's Birthday!

My chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment