Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dear God, Please Don't Let My Beard Fall Off

    
    This morning we had our first show for the kiddies! The audience was SO responsive and amazing. They clapped and cheered during every blackout like they were at a rock concert! I was very nervous that my billy-goat beard would fall off, but thankfully it stayed on as long as I needed it to. I've figured out that if I can get through the goat play, I can kind of relax a little bit in the pig play. (If only for the fact that I don't need to worry about fake beards falling off.) I really enjoy playing the Sleepy Pig. I really love Keith's (the playwright's) sense of humor and bringing life to his characters. They are sarcastic and muppet like and it's just an absolute ball to do the show. (I'll let you know if that opinion changes after a few two-show days.) 
    Now that 3LP&3BGG is open, rehearsals have begun for the next touring show, The Arkansas Story Porch. This is another Keith play, but the characters are homesteaders living in the Ozark mountains. The rehearsal period for this show is going to be much shorter than last tour and I have a ton of lines, a lot of which are monologues with lots of odd southern-isms. I'm also the tour manager for this show, so that is a lot of extra work I am not super excited about. But I'm hoping to make this tour as smooth and positive an experience as possible for everyone involved.

Currently: 

Anticipating... Rehearsals for the tour to get going so I can get my bearings with this script. Also anticipating getting my body back into shape with a solid sleep schedule so I can accomplish all of the things I need to these next few months. Also anticipating buckling down and really hitting the gym now that I've joined one!

Reading... The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. It's helping me get back on track. I wish I had more time to read other things!!!! 

Relieved About... Hmm... This is a tough one. I guess on a deep level I'm relieved that people like my work in this show and still enjoy my company and working with me. When I come up with something less vague than that I'll let ya know.

Watching... I watched Sleepwalk With Me and really enjoyed it. Highly recommended. I've also been watching a lot of reality t.v. , mostly as motivation on the treadmill. Also been watching Girls this season, but am not gonna lie, not really liking where the storyline is heading. When will all the girls be in the same scene again? That'd be nice. Just sayin.

Listening to... The Joy Formidable and The Tallest Man On Earth on Spotify. I love listening to new (or at least new-to-me) stuff. Please share! 

Craving... Some good sleep. Some relaxation. Some focus to get my UPTA package finished and send out some last minute submission packets. Time for the gym. Just time for me, I guess.


Here's some pics from this week:


Tryin to learn a few chords on this here Banjotar for the next show.

A sleepy, sassy pig.
T-Rexified Tony. 
It just kills me how adorable Garrett is with the puppy.d
All the puppies!


No comments:

Post a Comment